Monday, August 19, 2013

Sensibilities

Musing life, wanton mind
waxing tipsy at every empty
doorstep, dreaming mutes marching
endlessly on a sidewalk full
of cracks and broken backs, starved
for poetics, breathless in a stream of
seamless prophets, gasping, wheezing, breeding,
raising hell, razing heaven,
sacrificial lambs consumed by words,
my own parched tongue, my tail
wagging for one more bone of
poetry hung up on an easel like the
promise of beauty, of apparitions, of
derivatives, equations becoming real,
contextual, consubstantial, ecstasy
wrapped in a lettuce sandwich and
broadcast over a megaphone.
Aching for inspiration, wandering the
same haunts, dipping my chest in
water, baptized for the sixth time
today, sticking my tongue in the air
during a hailstorm, cooking
concoctions of sweat and stars in
my backyard grill, cackling like a
madman gone streaking through an
empty parking lot, is this passion, is
this tomfoolery? I demand ecstasy, I
long for it, I dream of it, I sleep in its
dirty sheets, I fall into it, I capsize
and remain dunked beneath it like that
first communal wafer.

Where are you agony? this
masochistic taste for pleasure will
carry me into the gorgeous, pulsing,
visceral, setting, torrid sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment