Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Love Songs for a Savior

I'm thinking about starting a series of poems with this common theme...this one is currently unnamed. if you have any ideas for a title, please post them!

------------

It is here, in the shadows of the day
With the rise of the moon, with dark on its way
Present here, with the noisy bustle that comes
With the sounds of whispers, and spectors, and the buzz
of sweet silence, plodding along
Here that I find
The things only seen
By the inner eye of the mind.

Before the deep blue is eclipsed by the light
Of a shattering sun and of a thousand plights
When time would stand still, if not for the sway
Of a few thousand stars, kept in orbit, at bay
When most sleep but others wake
Like me,
They quietly wait,
For sweet, solemn nightbreak

Oh how i've lived and breathed the fresh blackened air,
My heart's delight found with all else laid bare
Tis here that I feel closeset to you, when eternity does lie
So easily reached, that I may simply open my eyes
To see you my Lord,
In all beauty regaled,
Who made every bright of the sky
So that I may look...and never question why.

Adam and Eve, who from Eden's ripened lands
saw and walked and spoke with you,
Would look jealousy upon us as we, in sweet repose, lie
For never did they feel the tenderness inside
Which stems from the root of a savior's stem
And blossoms endlessly from the bloom of a sinner,
Like myself,
Unfolding now to the light of your splendor.

Oh, serendipitous love which I did not deserve,
Yet carefully planned, with divine law observed
Leave not this place!
But instead, extend
The dark a little longer, so then
We may spend more time here,
And tomorrow may wait another day.

------

No comments:

Post a Comment