Tuesday, October 5, 2010

idk

Perhaps I'll travel this world alone,
Perhaps I'll make it, perhaps I won't
Perhaps I'll be what I was meant to be
Perhaps I'll be what I always have been

Maybe I'll make something beautiful
Maybe I don't know what beauty is
I can't fashion something I should never know
I could never make a stick from a stone

Purpose evades me still,
Like a whisp of a dream long forgotten
Like the tip of my tongue, but no answer spoken
Like the cold winter air that leaves me to crumble

Am I just standing to stand?
Breathing just to take another breath?
Could it be that I'm doing all for doing it,
Reaching out just to reach?
Could it be that there's something more,
Than fighting just to fight it,
Than feeling just to feel it,
Than living just to live it?

Dreams of a long ago past,
When purpose was present in each and every strand
Of your perfect hair, your perfect eyes, sublime
And reason was never the source of my rhyme
But passion and joy, with no sense, abound
And in you, my serenity was found.

Perfect peace in you, where others caused strife
Perfect trust in you, where else to trust was to lie
Perfect harmony and accord, where chaos was laden
Perfect happiness before I knew happiness to be.

========================================

No comments:

Post a Comment