Saturday, November 9, 2013

Reminder to breathe

Since time isn't a thing,

imagine if this winter freeze,
became a spring fling, then
a summer breeze, before

the wind came and

blew away these fall leaves.

I've written so much about fading,

that I'm starting to believe it, just
watching my ink ache into blank
white screens, fuzzy lenses

that still come and

wash away my sleepless dreams.

and in my lucid happenings,

imagining you naked of fear, you
tell me that you are fading,
but if you wanted, I

would be flesh and

mortar to remind you of earth.

blindly leading you blind,

I would be your chapped lips, to
be your held hand, beside your
hip, be your

nightly whisper as you

fall to sleep under our stars.

anything to make you,

believe in tomato suns, and
sunflower eyes, reminder
that you are

anything to make you,

believe in the veins, which
trickle down your skin and
into your heart, which

lives, surely,

anything to make you,

know that you may be temporary,
yet absolutely necessary,
as a single heartbeat in
a lone instance of
time, with
mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment