Thursday, February 2, 2012

Would I




------


Would I have the whole world to give,
Yet it wouldn't be enough for us.
Would I have the stars and the moon instead,
still fate's grasp would linger on.
Would mountains rise from the earth, no -
Would the sea rise and fall and cease to be,
still, my love, would it not be enough.

Would I spent my whole life searching,
I would never find such solace,
Would I relive that night, night after night,
for the rest of my life, it shouldn't be
Would fate exist and heaven declare it true
I still wonder of me and you.

Would I have stayed there...

Never left. Never gone.

Would I have traversed time,
Until that fateful moment when I said goodbye
I should wonder that maybe then
we could be together.

Would I never have left, what might have been.


----------

No comments:

Post a Comment