Wednesday, December 22, 2010

--------------------------

I wonder that you
in all your wisdom
Created me
in all my weakness
Somehow to be
likened to you
A most unfair comparison
As if the fruit, itself, was the tree
Yet still you demand perfection
And who am I to refuse
Any explanation I make to say no,
Is only because I have been given the chance to say yes
By you
So in saying no I say that you are wrong
But saying you are wrong means that the logic that I used is wrong too
For you are the source of my reason
Thus, to say no to you is to say that the reason you gave me is defective
And in doing so, my reasoning to say no is also defective.
But operating under that premise is to accept that any reasoning I do is faulty
And thus not worth doing.
Yet still I reason...
Which means that no matter what I say, I do believe that reasoning is not faulty.

And thus, I cannot say no to you under the banner of reason

------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment