Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Rose

My lit class requires a weekly writing entry...I'm doing poetry for my entries, and in case you didn't notice, this also an example of "heroic couplets" (though I believe my meter is probably often off...whatever). Anyway, its just for my own writing, but I thought I'd share
----------

A womanly touch is what this heart needs
Rapt in attention it longingly pleads
For a fire to burn, and never go out
But burn through the night with beauty throughout

Winter will come with icy frost anew
Old leaves shaking off the last of their dew
A sad mournfail wail will come from the north
A longing desire becomes its lone worth

Paper does burn, but too often it fades
To dry yellow crisps, worn ancient displays
Of once what was true and once what was right
Of that lovely muse, of that one delight

Can we rise above our ashen remains?
True love, it would seem, is filled with refrains
A pause in the beat can make wondrous address
Only without, do we see that we miss
Passageways of the heart I've discovered
Once lain hidden and bare, now uncovered
The words I've sought, and still grasping for here,
Now known much deeper and now much more clear
My love kept secret, true love I suppose
Now left unfolding, unearthing a rose.

-----------

fun, fun, fun

No comments:

Post a Comment