Friday, September 18, 2015

One of Those Nights


i had one of those nights
you know those nights
just thought one glass of wine
nights, only meant another
nightcap nights but
i’ve been out here two months 
and haven’t been out
and they’re gathering 
in the kitchen 
roommates
i haven’t met yet but
they invite me along for
one of those nights
which is how I ended up
discussing morality
with the Canadian kid
origins are a funny thing
from Alberta, but really from
Pakistan, at least, his 
parents (have you been,
awful place, Pakistan is,
he says) and I agree
that we are not
where we are
from. Would you
blow up the bridge
or the baby?
so it was
that type of night

one of these nights
i’ll wake up
refreshed and alone
you’ll have 
wrapped my skin
in a mannequin
and left me
to admire
the moonlight again. 

---- 

No comments:

Post a Comment