Sunday, December 29, 2013

Creaking floorboards


Creaking floorboards

beneath the broken splatter of thunder claps
which fills my head, please promise
to take my ache instead,and
hold me tight against your chest, so
I can feel the love which
creaks like the floorboards leading
to my room, when I
had a room, then I
carried you,
light as a
memory, no, that's
only how I remember but you
must have weighed something, perhaps
as much as a hope, or a dream, or a vision,
or maybe I was wrong, maybe
you were heavy, like a promise,
as much as a word, or a kiss, or a held hand,
and maybe I was
always meant to lead you
to my room, when
I had a room, before I
carried you,
or at least,
what's left of you,
in remembering,
what's left of you,
when I hear the broken splatter of thunder claps,
when I think of you holding me tight against your chest,
when I hear the floorboards creaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment