Tuesday, March 20, 2012

To Alexandra

did some small edits to it, but its mostly the same

-----
Oh, Alexandra, what brings you to the hotel window?
is it the nightwind that draws you in,
escaping breath that calls you to join it?
if it said your name would you accept it,
just close your eyes and choose to bear it?

Against those naked beaches and sandy shores
footsteps - pressing - against those gone before
I hear the crashing waves too, hear their roar
and you, your solemn glance, dreaming forth

What questions pressed against your chest - I wonder
what questions, what pressing inner thunder?
and behind teardrop eyes so fair
does the truth hide beneath your stare?

Muddled wine reveals so little that
Muddled minds can understand

But something within glittered more than that seashell shore,
more than your windswept hair, and the burden you bore
more than your lips divine or solemn gait
more than simple words can equate

Because beneath it all there is a truth,
that calls you to the hotel window
against the roaring ocean tide
that calls me to wonder, if I may
against the roaring ocean tide
that even as you look out
for beauty's sake
I too, look upon you
for beauty's sake

I wonder if you'd look on me
the way you look out on that sea
for that desperate longing
for something out there
the tragedy of existence
is the reason we care.

--------

No comments:

Post a Comment